- Released 9/5/2013 v1.0 Beta
DevOps Deployment is based around build once, and deploy to multiple environments. DevOps Workbench Express Edition specifically targets the small organization with multiple personas. This will work inside of your continuous delivery cycle
to provide business value, and agility.
The latest binary release can be found on
Visual Studio Gallery, the guidance,
and all code samples in the CodePlex Downloads section.
Currently in scope:
- DevOps Workbench Express Edition
- DevOps Deployment Explorer
- DevOps Workbench Hands-on-Labs
- Guidance for Continuous Delivery
- Quick Use Guide
- DevOps Workbench Express Edition Poster
- Azure Deployment
- Website Deployment
- Visual Studio SQL 2010 Database Projects
- Visual Studio SQL 2012 Database Projects
...plus many other compositional deployment activities.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance is created by the Visual Studio ALM Rangers, who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features and/or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, members of Microsoft Services, Microsoft
Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
The features included in the guidance are:
- As Doris, the Developer, I would like a guide for installing / using the Deployment Workbench
- As Doris, the Developer, I would like to create environment configurations when I build my application for deployment to environments
- As Oscar, the Ops Lead, I would like a guide for Engineering to enable Continuous Delivery
- As Doris, the Developer, I would like a guide for Deployment LKG / Rollback
- As Oscar, the Ops Lead, I would like a guide for Operational Feedback into Engineering
- As Oscar, the Ops Lead, I would like to have active monitoring of applications on my servers
- As Abu, the Build Master, I would like to keep track of all deployments that are on all environments
- As Oscar, the Ops Lead, I would like the ability to modify a environment configuration based on my server topology
TFS2012 - DevOps Deployment Workbench Express Edition Instructional Video
Anna Galaeva, Bijan Javidi, Bob Hardister, Casey O’Mara, David Pitcher, Ed Blankenship, Jahangeer Mohammed, John Bergman, John Spinella, Joseph Abukhader, Larry Guger, Ryan Frasier, Tony Feissle, Willy-Peter Schaub
How to submit new ideas?
The recommended method is to post ideas to the
Discussions Page or to contact the Rangers at
Post comments on the Discussions Page.