This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

can this tool deploy to multiple servers?

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I cannot see too many samples, so I would like to know if this Tools can deploy to multiple servers (in the docs it looks lime you can set only done target server)
Another question that i have is if this Tools can deploy to a server that it has no connection to TFS (most of the times production servers are in diferents networks or even diferent datacenters)
Developer
Nov 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
David,
Only way you can deploy to multiple server is by adding in the target servers and changing the target server dropdown in the "Deploy to Server" dialog to the server you wish to deploy to. It is a pretty seamless task to do. 
For your second question, you would use local build in the "Deploy to Server" dialog to deploy to a server that does not connect to TFS.

As a example, you could have a deployment server in the domain you wish to deploy to. This does not have to be a server by itself, you could use a existing one as well. Install the workbench, copy the bits to the deployment server then use local build to deploy. You would have to make sure the deployment server has access to the servers you wish to deploy to.

Thanks,

John
Marked as answer by jrspinella on 11/24/2013 at 5:55 AM